AN INCREDIBLE EXPERIENCE AWAITS YOU
Rapa Nui is one of the most enigmatic destinations in the world for its history, archeology, culture, folklore, geography and its locals. This island gave rise to a unique culture, a valuable archaeological treasure, an open-air museum that transcends the borders of Chile. For these reasons and more it was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1995.
The Chamber of Tourism Easter Island is a nonprofit trade association that brings together individuals and / or companies that help to develop tourism, cultural and trade activities in Rapa Nui.
It was founded on August 13, 1998 in Hanga Roa and is governed by Statutes. Currently, it meets its legal statutes with the Ministry of Economy, Development and Reconstruction under Reg. No. 2976.
The Chamber was created in the interest of promoting sustainable development, rationalization and the protection of the islands tourism and all other production and services or related to such activity, establishing these interests as the main objective of the association.
● To promote the development, progress, improvement and protection of the interests of tourism on the island
● Represent the members before state agencies and institutions in regards to the common interest of tourism.
● Analyze the problems of such activity and define policies for the development and progress of tourism on the island.
● Carry out seminars, conferences and publications.
● To maintain relationships and exchanges with similar organizations for the benefit of the Chamber and our partners.
● Promote and participate in fairs and conferences that promote tourism, marketing and foreign exchange for the island.
● Organize training and development seminars for our partners and collaborators.
The General Assembly is represented by its Board of Directors; they are responsible for the administration and senior management of the Association, in accordance with the Statutes and agreements of the assemblies.
Board of directors
The Board consists of seven members elected by the General Assembly.
The Chamber of Tourism has a management team. The team works to fulfill the fundamental objectives of the Chamber in direct coordination with the Board members.
Reporter : Cata Badilla Bravo
Executive Secretary : Aline Hager Tuki
The Association is located on the street Atamu Tekena s / n.
Hours: Monday to Friday from 9:00 to 13:00 hrs. and from 14:00 to 17:00 hrs.
Telephone: +56 32 255 00 55
DOWNLOAD THE magazine discover RAPA NUI